Saturday, April 11, 2009

And now there is three!

Well, we finally did it. Reubs got me a puppy for my birthday. Brandy is so cute! She is a basset hound. Brandy was born January 17, 2009. Brandy weight 7 lbs. when we got her and she has gains about 2 lbs. each week. Brandy might end up only weighing 35 lbs. Her paws are so little. We have had her for about 3 weeks now. I took her to the Vet yesterday to get her shots. Brandy did great and I didn't look (shots and I don't go together) She loves to play and chew on anything she can get her mouth on.

Amara also got a basset hound from the same breader. Henry and Brandy's dads are brothers and so they are truly cousins. Henry is a month older (12/22/08 - I think) then Brandy. Henry weighed 20 lbs. when Amara got him and I think he might end up weighing at least 100 lbs. maybe less. Henry was twice Brandy's size when we got them. They love to play/fight with each other. Brany also loves to play/fight with Daisy (Reubs parents dog). Daisy is about 3-4 times bigger then Brandy. Brandy is a fighter (she gets it from Reub).



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey The Two V-Rods!!! Love your totally cute puppy! Brandy has a Scottish Cousin now too...our Duffy (MacDuff)! Bassetts make "droopy" totally darling! We miss you all will try to get our blog updated... ha! floridawilsons.blogspot.com

Love ya!
Nancy

David and Amy said...

What a cute puppy! That's an awesome birthday gift, your husband is so sweet!
I was thinking I should maybe wait a few more months to cut my hair so I could donate to Locks of Love, but the impulse to cut was too strong to wait! You definitely need to post pictures when you make the big cut!